Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Remember Reagan

He taught us lessons that we forget at our own peril.
Some Republican said to me recently," Can't we just let the whole Reagan thing go? He's dead"

I could not believe the shallowness of such thinking; Reagan showed us how to do what the Establishment claims to want; Election victory.

I will not forget the Reagan thing. I will remember what he taught us about how to stand publicly for the political principles in which we believe, and how to win based on those principles.
I will remember how he was so very effective in the face of Democrat majorities, and how he still accomplished a conservative agenda for the most part, instead of instituting liberalism and blaming the Dem's for it as our republican majority did.

I will remember how he held God in the highest esteem.
I will remember how he loved his Country, and believed we were the last, best hope on earth!!

I will remember how he stood up to evil, and defeated it, instead of trying to "manage" it.
I will remember my president, my hero, my role model for all things political, our friend!

President Ronald W. Reagan;
I know you are having a wonderful time up there with your Lord!
Thank you, Sir for your example.
I hope we don't let you down.
God Bless you!!

No comments:

"Government is not the solution to our problem.Government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan, first Inaugural Address, January 20, 1981